The Law Office of Kenneth J. Nota would like to highlight the business and commercial services offered by Kenneth Nota of Sarasota.
These days, business litigation is common, and many business entrepreneurs do not know the legal landscape, so it’s critical to find the right guidance. Failing to do this could spell substantial consequences and hindrances for your business. You can view a comprehensive summary of our business and commercial services here, but we’d like to break them down for you as well.
- Business Entities
- It helps to know your legal designation as a business. Especially for new endeavors, we can help you obtain a federal tax ID number, set up bank accounts, file for S-Corp status (if necessary), file insurance applications, and more.
- Contracts & Agreements
- Just as “good fences make for good neighbors,” so too do “good contracts make for good business relationships.” Kenneth Nota has negotiated contracts in areas such as sales, supply agreements, manufacturing agreements, employment agreements, and more.
- Employment Law
- We can help you craft policies to deal with the very difficult aspects of employment as it pertains to applications, hiring, on-boarding, and even termination.
- Distribution & Franchising
- We know marketing is crucial to success, which is why it’s important to have sound legal footing when it comes to distribution and franchising. We can help with license agreements, creating new legal entities, disclosure agreements, and several other aspects of marketing as well.
- Mergers, Acquisitions, & Joint Ventures
- Each of these usually begins with a confidentiality agreement between parties, but we can help you through the entire process of establishing any one of these partnerships. Without expert legal craftsmanship, the possibility for an erosion of trust (as well as litigation and other problems) becomes much more likely.
- Risk Management
- Risk management involves understanding how a business operates, identifying risk areas, figuring out how to mitigate them, and developing ways to prevent them.
- Intellectual Property, Trademarks, & Copyrights
- Whether it be patents, trademarks, copyrights, or any form of intellectual property, you’ll want to safeguard them by taking appropriate precautions.
- Internal Investigations
- For cases of harassment, discrimination, wage disputes, fraud, corruption, bribery, embezzlement, or any other misfeasance, Kenneth Nota is capable of spearheading a thorough and comprehensive investigation into the problem.
- Compliance Policies & Programs
- All modern businesses require compliance programs and documentation such as a Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct, or Code of Ethics. We can help you draft and maintain these critical programs.
- Commercial Lending
- This law firm has extensive experience handling loan agreements on every level from commitment letters to closing.
If you’re a business in need of any counseling and guidance in these areas, Kenneth Nota offers his services. He has practiced law since the 1980s and is licensed in three different states. As a former Vice President, General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer for RPM International, Kenneth Nota understands the intricacies of business law well and is uniquely qualified to serve business clients in several facets.
To schedule a consultation with the Law Office of Kenneth J. Nota, you can send an email or call by phone at (941) 309-5270.