Are you in the market to either buy or sell real estate in Florida? Whether you’re targeting residential or commercial property, there are several contractual issues that make having legal counsel worthwhile.
Let’s learn what a real estate attorney does and why it’s advantageous to hire one.
What is a Real Estate Attorney?
Real estate lawyers are your legal advocates as you prepare to enter into an agreement to purchase or sell a property. They’re also a good asset for busy landlords. It also really helps new investors to have a legal professional check behind them to better facilitate transactions.
In 2022, there is no such thing as simple contractual matters. Therefore, you need a good lawyer to make sure you don’t succumb to obscure details within the “fine print.”
In addition to purchases, Ken Nota assists many clients by constructing lease agreements. He also helps condominium associations and homeowners associations (HOAs) manage their bylaws, regulations, and other agreements.
Advantages of Hiring a Real Estate Attorney
- They protect and safeguard your interests in any complex negotiating process. This is a huge necessity in real estate purchasing.
- Real estate attorneys also review all contracts for errors, which saves you a lot of time and potential calamity.
- If you’re a rental property owner, they can help you draft all the rules for your tenants. This would cover difficult issues like rental collections, inspection guidelines, background check procedures, and so forth.
- When you finalize an agreement, an attorney can also explain the terms to all parties in clear and concise language.
- Agreements run the gamut of everything from leases to post-closing possession agreements, to purchase/sale contracts, and more.
- Since insurance is always a part of the equation, real estate lawyers can clarify the value and provisions of insurance aspects as well.
- Are you experiencing a difficult purchasing process because of unusual circumstances like foreclosures, financing, or auctioned homes? Experienced attorneys know how to sift through bottlenecks and potential confusion.
Bear in mind that in Florida, like most places, realtors, and title companies cannot provide legal advice on agreements even if they fully comprehend the terms. Only a licensed attorney, like Ken Nota, can perform this important function. For these reasons and more, we encourage you to pursue this service if you’re any kind of real estate professional.
The Law Office of Kenneth J. Nota provides the most effective legal advice regarding real estate for residents and professionals around Sarasota, FL. If you want to learn more about any of his services, call 941-309-5270.